Week #66 Lord, Please Forgive Me...

When you screw up and you know you have screwed up, do you instantly drop down and ask the Lord to forgive you? Or do you like to hide your sins from the Lord and go a long time before bringing the subject up in prayer? Do you ever bring it up?

As Christians we are called to confess our sins and repent (to turn away from sinful behaviors). We may feel guilty over our sins and try to keep them to ourselves and act like nobody will ever know about what we have done...but we are only hurting ourselves. We forget that God knows and sees everything that we do. We can't hide our actions from Him. Knowing this, how do we think we are benefiting ourselves by not confessing our sins to the Lord.You may ask, if God already knows I've sinned, why do I need to confess it to Him? Fair question...by confessing our sins to God and asking for His forgiveness, we show God that we want to live our lives for Him. We want to please Him and we want Him to make us "white as snow." When God forgives us of our sins, He removes them completely from our lives. In His eyes, they never happened. I don't know about you, but that makes me feel good. Fortunately, there is no sin too big to be forgiven. In order to be forgiven, we have to humble ourselves, be courageous, admit our sins to the Lord, and ask Him to forgive us and believe that He will.

So...When you have sinned and you know you have sinned, don't waste time trying to cover your sin up. Go straight to God and ask for His forgiveness. Ask Him to help you stay away from that behavior and to give you the strength to say no if you are presented with the same opportunity again in the future. God wants us to come to Him when we have sinned (and when we haven't). There is more to gain from confessing our sins than from hiding them. Take it to God...He will be waiting.

3 comments:

Jon said...

I've been going through some things lately and this really helped me. Hope it does the same for some of you. :)

Diana said...

Awesome topic this week...I am so grateful for God's forgiveness. My prayer is that I will not waste time "thinking" my sin to death...trying to come up with excuses "why" I did what I did and just go to the Lord for forgiveness...How wonderful He is...

Brice said...

Great post Jon! I agree with Diana. God knows everything that we do so there is no need to try to hide things from Him. Don't waste time suffering in our sin when we can turn it over to God and he will wash it all away and we "will be white as snow." Thank you Lord for forgiving me!